Wednesday, December 1, 2010

The Plan: Karoozin' 2011 - Day 1

We're planning the first day to be from George to the surfers Mecca, Jeffrey's Bay.  We'll pick the bikes up from Schroeder BMX in George, pack the panniers and head off via the old Knysna Road past Saaveld Campus.  I studied forestry and lived and worked here for a while, so I'd like to quickly stop and take a look around and see how things have changed.  We'll head through to Knysna and probably have a bite to eat.  Then we'll get an old work colleague of ours at Plettenberg Bay.  He'll probably join us for a small section of the trip on his trail bike, but that's not been confirmed yet.  We'll then go past the Bloukrans Bungi Jump, where I'll see if I'm brave enough to take a plunge.  It's the world's highest commercial bungi at 216m!  My mate's already said he's not doing it, but I'll see if I can persued him.  Then, from there it'll be an easy ride on farm roads past St Francis Bay on to Jeffrey's Bay.  We're not going to push ourselves on the first day as we'll need to get to know the bikes and I don't see the need to tired after just one day.  It's a holiday after all.



View Larger Map

No comments:

Post a Comment