Monday, December 12, 2011

Mitas E-09

Time to change tyres and try out something new. After the last trip to the Grampians, I saw some of the guys sporting the Mitas E-09 Dakars. They looked great and seeing that my Bridgestones were on their last legs, I ordered a set, but not the Dakar variant. They've got tougher sidewalls, but the standard will do me just fine. I paid $260 for the set, plus $20 postage. The local dealer wanted to charge me $80 to have them put on the bike too, so I made contact with Slowpoak from ADVrider and he came over to my place yesterday and put them on for me and showed me how to do it in the process. He even gave me a Renthal FatBar handlbar he had lying around the house! It's blue as well! So, now the Smurf is coming along nicely.



The above picture is after 7km from the house to work. They were a bit twitchy this morning on the blacktop, but I think it's just because they're new and I think the tyre pressure is a bit too high as well. Apparently they last long, so they're on the bike at 33,118km and I'll keep you posted on how they do.

No comments:

Post a Comment