Friday, December 3, 2010

The Plan: Karoozin' 2011 - Day 3

Starting day three we'll head out to De Rust, a small town just east of Oudtshoorn. It's a bit out of the way, but it's a great place for brekkie and getting ready to tackle the Swartberg Pass and The Hell.  We'll take the Oudemuragie road to the Swartberg Pass.  Via the Swartberg Pass, we'll head into Gamkaskloof, which is more affectionately known The Hell.

From there we'll head past Prince Albert.  My granddad lived here for some years.  Although I can't remember that much of the time he lived there, I still have a fondness for the town.  It's a beautiful little town.

From Pins Albert we'll head towards the N1 highway, cross it and take some of the back roads all the way to Merweville.  Merweville is a small little town in the middle of nowhere.  There's no sealed road leading to it.  My brother-in-law has a farm nearby (but they've moved to Australia as well, so there's no chance to go and stay over) and my nephew was baptised in the Merweville church.  I've only been there once before for a church fete, so I'm hoping we happen to stumble across another one while we're there.

Merweville will be our stopover for Day 3.




View Larger Map

No comments:

Post a Comment